Finally watched the long awaited Motorcycle Diaries...
been wanting to watch it since I've heard about it last year.
Firstly, because it's about Che Guevara,
I see his face too often on T-shirts,
been wondering what's so great about him
Secondly, Gael Garcia Bernal is in it.
Hot stuff!!!
Like all the reviews said, the movie IS great!
Makes me admire Che more and more,
makes me admire Gael more and more too,
but pity, no ass this time.
*haha*
I thought the cinematography was fantastic.
Again, it made me cried like a bitch.
Which isn't hard at all...
The story was pretty inspirational.
Makes me really wanna go out and change the world.
*pffft*
Another MUST-SEE!!!
Gosh, been learning so much about revolutionary leaders lately,
specially those who became idols.
Before Ernesto Che Guevara was Chairman Mao.
He's one helluva man.
Unfortunately, I don't like him, AT ALL.
He deceived the whole nation during The Great Leap and caused starvations.
I wouldn't spend time reading up on this guy if I've got the choice.
But 80% of my Understanding China class was about Chinese Revolution.
I'm amazed by how greatly he was worshipped though.
And I do admire him for being a feminist.
Since we're at it, let me talk about a woman I look up to.
The strongest and most inspiring woman alive, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. 
She dedicates her life in fighting for
human rights and democracy in Burma (or Myanmar).
Obviously, she's a burmese.
So is my great grandma, and 12.5% of me.
*blink blink*
She believes in women as leaders of the world, another feminist.
You go, girlfriend!
I totally fell in love with her when she said
"Men make war, women clean them up"
She's absolutely fearless when it comes to fighting for freedom.
She's one of the nine Nobel women,
equalled the better-known Mother Teresa.
Sadly, she was still held in detention by Burmese military during the presentation.
Sunday, March 27, 2005
Acknowledging the fighters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment