Monday, January 31, 2005

Semi-graduated

Me and Lingam were fashionably late
like we always do.
We were late for classes.
We were late for 'dates'.
To no one's surprise,
we're late for our own graduation day too!





Dahlah late,
gotta park at the other end of the world summore.
Gosh... we were running with our heels off.
Of course.
Then, along our "marathonic" journey to Half of Fame,
(where the convocation was held. Obviously.)
there were so many black-suited men
(FYI, all LimCock's staff dressed in black)
reminding us:
"You are very late, go register yourself at the library"

"Oh, SHUT UP!!!
Can't you see we're trying?"
I thought to myself...

The thing begins not long after we went in.
Bla bla bla...
First trip up to the stage for my diploma cert,
I dropped the whole thing on stage.
The presenter (I have no idea who he is, but some VIP)
shook my hand,
pass my 35k to me,
looked into the camera,
smiled for 2 seconds,
then we both let go of the 35k at the same time!
Me iz zhe stoopid, and me iz stage-fright very much.

Sigh...

Second round.
I don't remember receiving any academic award
since UPSR.
No wait... think we got something for PMR.
Okay, doesn't matter.
This award just mean quite something to me.
So I was damn excited.
Was like waiting anxiously for my turn.

The guy in front of me walked across the stage
got his thing, did his run,
My turn finally came...
Have this "Yippee!" inside me.

The announcer went:

"Best in Advertising. Suleiman Otieno."

Me eyes went "WTF???" but my fake smile still on,
I'm guessing I looked pretty weird then.
But I walked elegantly with my head up
I hope.
and receive the award as if it's mine.

Which part of "Suleiman" do I look like to you, Ms.Announcer?
Huh?
Huh?!?
Huh?!?!?




Sigh... it's all good.
Just very angry at that moment
and a wee bit disappointed later.
Pacified myself with lotsa photo-taking...








Then, the after-party at Cafe Flam.
Most likely our last time partying together.
Didit's going back to Jakarta to work.
Me and Lingam leaving soon.
Gabi's leaving on the coming thursday.
Sacha's gonna start working in Malacca soon.
Faliq is always missing in action.






Met derek there.
I wonder if he was stalking me or something.
*blink blink*
Snap!
Took that picture.
"Yo... so handsome lah me." lied Derek.
I rolled my eyes.

No comments: