Despite being overly indulgent with The Knife playing on repeat,
I haven't been doing much over the past few days.
Obviously not making much progress with the jobhunt *pfft*
Instead of feeling completely nonproductive, I'll just blame it on the weather.
It's so cold that you don't feel like doing anything but couching next to the heater
or tuck myself into my warm electric-blanketed bed all-day.
I thought I was a champion surviving Melbourne's winter,
the climate here in the past week makes me think that I've grown frail.
But then again, it's been reported that this has been the coldest in hk since 1968,
so I'm sure this is not just me.
Seriously, I've no idea what's wrong with this place
but 11-12 degrees feels like 3-4 degrees in Melbourne *brr*
And the coldness made me pigged out so much!
I feel hungry every 15mins.
I've just finished Anchee Min's "Empress Orchid" which I thought was quite
an awesome book, because I've always loved books about great things women can do
and especially been a fan of amazing women in history (e.g. Aung San Suu Kyi).
Oh, which reminded me a good book I read last year that was totally inspiring,
"The Good Women of China" by Xinran.
I think my next book will be "Becoming Madame Mao",
just to find out what Anchee Min is capable of.
The weather is so shitty, I don't get to hit the library just yet
(the public library here is so amazing that you don't really need to buy books anymore, and it is a super 'green' thing to do)
So I had to find myself other sources of 'entertainment'.
It's amazing how I can spend hours playing with colours and lines.
I found a new hobby - making random graphic illustrations.
first completed 'unnamed' artwork:
I needed a subject to start, and I was sitting in front of an oriental teapot,
which 'inspired' me to create this.
So random...
Am still refining my skills, so one day I shall achieve something
that people will produce as postcards :)
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
The Knife, the weather, the book and the teapot
by
Crumb
@
11:00 PM
labels: artistic moments, daily escapades
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment