I'm so damn bored of the face of this ground.
Wanna change it up a little,
as soon as I remember how to do so.
Gosh, my html skill is so friggin' rotten right now.
****
The whole Pre-Chinese New Year rush in HK is kinda fun.
Lotsa red stuff going on, and even veges in the market are being decorated
with 'prosperity' wraps.
I was totally amazed with the amount of people flocking the flower markets.
Too bad I didn't have my camera with me,
the flower market is soooo pretty!
Imagine, an entire street of at least 500m long dedicated with fresh flower shops!
(okay fine, I don't really know how long 500m is, but it felt like 2+ laps
of my highschool padang track, which is supposedly 200m each)
They are not exactly florists, 'cos they don't wrap tacky bouquets.
They simple sell fresh flowers in bulks... I'll just call them fresh flower shops.
I never really enjoyed flowers that much in my life,
but it was a lot of fun choosing flowers to decorate your home for the celebration.
So we ended up with a huge bunch of chrysanthemum
(so pretty 'cos they looked so much like daisies) + purple fillers,
some cherry-blossom looking flower called 'mui fa' (don't know what is it in Eng),
a bunch of long burgundy leaves... yup, the plant only has leaves.
Total cost was about HKD 200 (MYR100), which I thought was quite decent,
considering we had a total of 6 vases filled up around the house.
I'm so gonna make it a point to grab fresh flowers at least every fortnight
once I get a place of my own.
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Flower power
by
Crumb
@
4:17 PM
labels: daily escapades
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment