I was disappointed.
I'd rather be angry,
'cos it's hard holding up anger against someone for too long.
But I was disappointed.
Some things happen so quickly,
before you can even adapt to it,
everything changes.
No signals at all.
Then it makes me stop and think.
Maybe some things I thought I had was never there.
I was never good at handling shits like this.
Always end up feeling like I've fell into a deep well.
So cold, so dark, so empty.
I went to church last night, like every Sunday nights.
As I was praying with my eyes closed and head down
for all that disturbing feeling to go away,
someone grabbed my hand and said to me,
"God told me to hug you"
In front of me stood a woman in her 50s.
I opened my arms slightly.
She hugged me so firmly for about a minute,
and my tears flowed unstoppingly.
Scarily coincidental but it doesn't feel weird at all.
I mean it should.
Hugging a stranger for a minute
and her telling me that God told her to do so.
Is that God answering my prayer?
I don't know for sure,
but that was exactly what I needed at that moment.
And I thank Him for that.
The incident reminds me of the short story
titled "Hug.com" Tim (a classmate in RMIT) wrote.
It was a story about a guy who has the most unusual job.
He was paid to deliver hugs.
I wonder if they really do have someone out there like that.
I tried "www.hug.com" but nothing related came out.
The business might just work, you know.
Often times, the simplest gesture heals the best.
You can tell how well I'm recovering,
from the shits coming out of me.
"A hug a day, keeps the shrink away!"
Monday, July 25, 2005
Hug.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
*hugs*
miss u =)
I'm glad there was someone to give u the hug that i can't give you myself.
God's cool eh? :)
cp & songyia: THANKS love..
bihzhu: VERY!
Post a Comment