Thursday, January 24, 2008

Why do we always fear saying goodbye?

Especially to something or someone that is so dear to you.
Maybe because you know that's the end of being familiar.
Being familiar to something you thought was good,
something you've fought really hard to preserve.
And sometimes you've gotten so comfortable and used to a certain way of living,
having to accept the changes is no easy task.
I'm one of those who live by the motto, "Why change when it's still good?"
Little do I know, the changes had already happened long before we knew it.
What if the changes are good, you may ask.
A change is a change, whether good or bad,
it's the move from one place to another and it takes time to adapt.
But to really tell yourself the reality and to move on, is by accepting the changes.
And the only gesture to declare that, is by saying goodbye to the old.
Sigh... another one of those many things in life - easier said than done.
But it's relieving to know that a goodbye isn't forever.
I'll patiently wait for that one fine day, when we'll say hello again.

No comments: