Friday, January 25, 2008

My day went by superbly weird

First I walked into a room full of people wanting the same job I did.
Then I was given a set of questionnaires / writting test to fill up.
The best part... it's all in freakin' Chinese.
Did they even look at my resume before calling me?
So I sat there like the biggest moron for 15mins,
looking at all these people writing like there's no tomorrow,
while waiting for the HR lady to turn up again to discuss my 'problem'.
After I told her I'm Chinese illiterate, she translated the entire
questionnaire (about 12qs) to English for me, which was really sweet of her.
After 20mins, the big guys came, conducted the interview in English (Thank God!)
Started with some self introduction and I had to hold my laughter because
one girl ended her intro with "This is my presentation, Fank you.."
I just find it super hilarious and I was thinking
"Whoa lady, you can use a notch down."
She sure takes her shits seriously... don't mess.
Then, we had to do some 'role play'... and it feels like Hot House all over again,
except we've got a damn poser GM, and non-responsive crowd.
The entire thing just felt damn awkward, but I made a new friend.
I befriended Ms.Angel, a really nice and friendly girl.
We went for coffee and pretty much spent the afternoon talking about politics.
Yup, I'm surprised myself.

No comments: