Saturday, July 24, 2004

Confidence

I was told by a person wiser than me that my ego and confidence are bigger than Jupiter. To be honest, I don't know how big is Jupiter (F.Y.I, I suck in Geography, which later I was told it's not a Geography knowledge because Jupiter is not on earth), but any planet is just oversized in this case.
Then, I got a few new Friendster testimonials from a few friends (some bosom, some not). All of them mentioned the same thing, my confidence. OK, not like it is gonna change anything about me, and how I feel about myself. But it is an attribute which I never knew I possessed.

However, this does more than a piece of information to me. It got me thinking, looking for the insights (there I go again...). And I found the best method - by laddering questions:
Why am I confident about myself? Because there's no point feeling bad about myself.
Why isn't there a point to feel bad about myself? Because it will only make me feel unhappy.
Why will I feel unhappy? Because I didn't get what I wanted.
Why didn't I get what I wanted? Because I'm not good enough.

See the connection?? No? OK, let us get back to the first question and put it with the final answer - "Why am I confident?" -------> "Because I'm not good enough."

Conclusion: One's confidence could be the outcome of inferiority in oneself OR this weblogger has nothing else better to do than to come up with such 'theory' to ridicule the readers, when someone can actually be SIMPLY CONFIDENT (-_-") [I think I'll go for the latter] Cheers~

1 comment:

bihzhu said...

karis... i feel you. TOTALLY. its a curse of confident looking women everywhere. its not actually a mask or that we're fake, its just that we know to breeze thru life pretending you're confident sometimes helps you survive. and if it helps at all, i FEEL you.